Your Seasonal Guide: Summer Lawn And Landscape Care
Weeds are more likely to flourish during summer due to favorable growing conditions. They compete with your plants for resources and can quickly overrun your landscape if not properly managed.
Summer also brings an array of pests and diseases that can harm your lawns and plants. Insects, such as grubs and chinch bugs, thrive in warm weather, while fungal diseases like brown patches and powdery mildew can spread rapidly in humid conditions.
Summer Lawn Care Tips
- Water wisely - Deep watering is essential during summer to encourage deep root growth and withstand drought conditions. Water your lawn early or late in the evening to reduce evaporation. It’s best to aim for around 1 inch of water per week and adjust based on rainfall and your grass type.
- Mow at the right height - Raise the mowing height of your lawn mower during summer to provide shade to the soil and protect the grass roots from heat stress. Taller grass blades also help retain moisture and prevent weed growth.
- Fertilize appropriately - Apply a slow-release or organic fertilizer during the early summer months to provide your lawn with essential nutrients. Avoid over fertilization, as it can lead to excessive growth and increase disease risk.
Summer Landscape Care Tips
- Mulch to conserve moisture - Apply a layer of organic mulch, such as wood chips or straw, around your plants and flower beds. Mulch helps retain soil moisture, suppress weed growth, and maintain stable soil temperatures.
- Regularly inspect for pests and diseases - Keep a close eye on your landscape for any signs of pests or diseases. Act promptly if you notice any issues by consulting with a professional or using appropriate treatments to prevent further damage.
- Prune and trim - Pruning and trimming your trees, shrubs, and flowering plants during summer can help improve their shape, promote healthy growth, and remove dead or diseased branches. Be mindful of each plant's specific needs and consult a professional if you're unsure.
Always Work with Skilled and Experienced ProfessionalsWhen it comes to maintaining your lawn and landscape during summer, it's beneficial to seek the assistance of skilled and experienced professionals. They have the knowledge and expertise to assess your specific needs, identify potential issues, and provide tailored solutions to keep your outdoor spaces in optimal condition.
Whether it's hiring a professional lawn care service, an arborist, or a landscaping company, their expertise will ensure that your lawns and landscapes receive the care they deserve. Additionally, professionals can offer guidance on irrigation systems, pest management, and plant selection, making your summer maintenance tasks more efficient and effective.
For information about customized lawn and landscape care solutions, contact Four Seasons Lawn Care using this Online Form or call 706-221-7602 to chat with our specialists about our customized lawn care services.