Lawn Care Made Easy: Fertilization Tips for A Stunning Lawn
At Four Seasons Lawn Care, we think it's smart to let the pros handle it. We have the skills, tools, and know-how to do the job right, so you can have a lush, nutrient-rich lawn all year.
Fertilization TipsMany homeowners like to handle lawn care as a DIY activity. Fertilization is a vital aspect of lawn care, so here are a few tips on it for a great lawn:
- Use Slow-Release Fertilizers: Slow-release fertilizers are a must-have if you want to keep your lawn looking great. They're easy to use, and you can feed your lawn every six to eight weeks, depending on how often you water it.
- Use Fertilizer Granules: Just buy some fertilizer granules and use a spreader to apply them. A broadcast spreader works better than a drop spreader, especially if you have a small yard. You can even use a handheld spreader to fertilize tricky spots like narrow side yards or around trees and fences.
- Start Fertilizing the Lawn in April and Plan For 5 Applications: To get your lawn looking its best, start fertilizing in April and plan for five applications throughout the year. Give your lawn its first feeding in mid to late April when the soil temperature hits 55º Fahrenheit. Then, fertilize every four weeks until mid-May and every six to eight weeks after that until October. For the third feeding, use an organic material like manure instead of regular fertilizer.
- Water Your Lawn Regularly: You might be surprised to hear this, but your lawn needs more fertilizer when watering it more often. If you have an automatic sprinkler system, you should aim to fertilize your lawn every six weeks. But if you don't have a sprinkler system, you can wait a little longer - up to eight weeks - between feedings.
- Don't Over-Apply: Each fertilizer label will display the application rate. Still, it is recommended to spread the fertilizer at half or slightly less than half of the manufacturer's recommendation. By doing so, the fertilizer will spread out close, and there is no need to estimate the spacing between rows. It is best to go from tire-track to tire track on the spreader to ensure even and thorough coverage.
Hire Experienced Lawn Care ProfessionalsMaintaining a green and flourishing lawn calls for constant attention. Fertilizing a lawn is something amateurs may do, although experts are usually suggested for the best results. Lawn care professionals offer the expertise, tools, and experience to keep your grass green and lush.
They know when to fertilize, what is best for your lawn, and how much to put down on different soil types. In addition, experts will use high-quality commercial supplies that average consumers may need help to get their hands on.
Contact Four Seasons Lawn Care using this Online Form or call 706-221-7602 to chat with our specialists about our customized lawn care services.